Top Five Luxury Home Trends to Look Out for in 2017
So 2016 was the year of broken plan living and high tech homes, but what does 2017 have in store for the luxury property market? Searchfield Homes CEO, Andrew, forecasts the top five trends to look out for this year.
Many of our clients are coming to us to build their forever home, which means they have high expectations and usually a pretty big wish list! These are some of the biggest new trends we’re seeing emerging in the luxury sector as we head into the new year.
- The pet parlour – We’re not just talking about an additional utility room to keep your pooch from muddying the rest of the house after a long walk. We’re in the process of creating a fully-fledged dog room in the ground floor of a family home, complete with underfloor heating, luxury dog beds, showers and overhead lamps to dry them after a muddy walk!
- Upstairs laundry rooms – This is an interesting new trend we’re seeing among our luxury home buyers, hailing from across the pond. Considering the majority of our laundry is created upstairs, it makes sense to have your laundry upstairs too and save the bother of carrying laundry baskets up and down to the utility room. As well as space for washing machines and dryers, we’re also installing separate drying room in a custom build in Windlesham, Surrey, which not only dries clothes in record time, but they also emerge crinkle free!
- Adventure playgrounds – No longer is a simple swing and a slide enough to satisfy today’s young families. Luxury homebuyers are now looking for an adventure playground that puts the local park to shame, with everything from beautifully crafted wooden climbing frames and tree houses to cycle paths and giant sand pits.
- The submerging swimming pool – This is such a clever idea, space saving and with real wow factor. The floor of the swimming pool rises up to become level with the floor of the room, cascading the pool water down beneath it. You can go from pool to ballroom in just a few minutes from the press of a button, maximising space and impressing guests!
- Top floor games rooms – A giant screen and a pool table will no longer cut it. The ultimate man cave or teenage den is a high tech affair, with music, radio, and TV audio streamed through with in ceiling speakers from any smart device, including a built-in music server that can be linked to iTunes or Spotify.
When you’re searching for that dream home, it’s easy to find yourself continually adding to the wish list, with everyone in the family chipping in with their own requests and ideas. If you’re struggling to find a home that ticks all the boxes, then you can always consider buying a property with potential and then adding to it through extensions or renovations. Or, if you don’t want to have to compromise at all, why not build your very own home? An increasing number of people are opting for a self-build, working with professionals to ensure their new home incorporates every feature they desire.